Field Day, July 2019: Members began the exploration of Laugharne Marsh and Ginst Point at the entrance to Coygan Quarry by looking at a 19th century billhead still in use by owner Henry Raymond in 1921 when he wrote to George Eyre Evans, then CAS Secretary, regretting that he and his wife would not be able to attend the Society's Conversazione in St Peter's Church in January of that year. ' The limekilns are no longer there and lorries now move the road stone formerly transported by trains and wagons down to Railsgate Pill for shipping.'
Terry James and Towyn Jones during a windy field trip viewing the submerged
forest on Marros beach
From the camera of Arfon and Molly Rees